Honey Bear Lodge Manual
Directions, getting settled, helpful information:
Address: 3215 Grinders Way, Sevierville TN 37862
- Your Door Code is unique to your stay- It is sent within 24 hours of your arrival and will expire at the checkout date and time of your reservation.
- Accessibility and Parking - The cabin has a driveway that can easily fit 2 cars and there is plenty of street parking as well. There is also room to park an RV if needed. If there is heavy snow or ice, it can make it difficult to get up the final hill coming into the neighborhood. This is very rare and requires a lot of ice on the roads.
- Directions- From Wears Valley Rd (aka HW 321), take Covemont Ln 1.3 miles to the stop sign, and take the sharp right on to Covemont Rd, proceed 0.3 miles to JL Myer Rd and turn left. You will see the Cabin up the hill on your left! Grinders way is your first possible left, and the Honey Bear Lodge is the first cabin with the Copper roof. Parking is on the right side of the cabin.
If you use online/apple maps to get to the cabin, use 3205 Grinders way instead of 3215 and it will take you directly to Honeybear (first cabin on the street, and the only one with a copper roof)
About the Cabin:
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING IN THE CABIN | NO PETS UNLESS AGREED UPON IN WRITING PRIOR TO YOUR STAY
NO FIREWORKS ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY
Upon arrival, please take a few moments to look around the property and double check that everything is working properly, nothing is broken, or needs attention. If anything seems out of place, broken, etc… Please notify us immediately so we can document it or send maintenance.
Should you need anything during your stay we are typically responsive by messaging through the booking platform that you made your reservation on. If you are not able to reach us on there and the matter is urgent feel free to call or text us directly in the following order.
Lazy H Retreats-830-308-7202| Chelsea- 432-302-1671
WIFI- Network: Honeybear | Password: Valleyview20
- (The wifi signal is very good. It works for streaming, handling virtual work meetings, etc)
- Televisions- The TV in the living room has Xfinity digital cable with tons of channels including extra sports channels. The TV is also a smart TV if you want to connect to something like Netflix or PrimeTV. Each of the 3 bedrooms has a TV with a firestick which enables you to log in to personal streaming accounts should you so choose. There is no cable in the bedrooms.
- Important note about water- We are on a water well. We have filtration at the well house, and additional filtration underneath the cabin. The water has been tested to insure it is clean and safe. There are very rare occasions where there can be sediment in the aquifer that can cause discoloration of the water. We recommend having bottled water for drinking JUST IN CASE this happens. If the water appears discolored during your stay please message us to let us know but rest assured the water is still perfectly clean and useable for showering and regular daily use.
- General & Supplies-
- We supply- all linens, towels, blankets, pillows, etc. We also do our best to keep the cabin stocked with hand soap, body wash and conditioner
- We leave limited supply to get you started, but you may want extra:
- Laundry Pods, Dishwasher Pods, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Trash Bags
- We DO NOT supply:
- Coffee filters (standard), coffee/ tea, foil, zip locks, spices, cooking oils, paper plates, plasticware, charcoal
- Kitchen- If you plan on cooking we have all the appliances and utensils you will need for cooking and serving, including a charcoal BBQ pit in the front yard. The refrigerator has filtered water and an icemaker.
- Basic Housekeeping- If you need to do some minor cleaning during your stay- we try to keep some of the basics under the sink, in the closets in downstairs bedrooms or in the storage to the left of the fridge.
- Trash- There are bins on the front porch to keep your trash. Please make sure all of your trash is in bagsand you keep the lids closed as they are meant to keep wildlife away from trash.
- Hot Tub & Porch- The porch light switches are on both sides of the exterior of the house. They are metal/ breaker style switches. The hot tub is drained and refilled between each visit, so if it is cool upon your arrival just make sure it is on and heating and it typically is hot in a couple of hours. If for any reason the power is not on to the hot tub, look at the bottom of the wall on the outside of the house near the hot tub and there is a breaker box. There is a metal “key” that has to be in place for the hot tub to be operational. If the key is not inserted, insert the key and the power will come back on
- If there is an FLC or FLO error on the hot tub, please remove and reinsert the key in the breaker box and give it 15 minutes or so. If that does not correct the issue please message us.
- Additional notes:
- If any neighborhood dogs or cats come around, DO NOT feed them or let them in the home. They are other people’s pets and we do not want them in the habit of coming by our place.
- The location of the cabin couldn’t be better. You are nestled in peaceful and spacious Wears Valley, but right at the base of the Smoky Mountain National Park. You can be in downtown Pigeon Forge in 12 minutes, and have 2 routes to Gatlinburg, and you are 2.5 miles from the back entrance the Smoky Mt National park (off of Line Springs Road)
- Sleeping/ Layout-
- The bedroom Upstairs has a king bed and a comfy futon that folds out to about a queen. Extra linens can be found in the closet in the upstairs bedroom. Upstairs bedroom also has a private full bathroom with a shower/ tub combo, and a private patio overlooking the valley
- Bedroom 2 is downstairs and has a king size bed and a private full bathroom with a shower/ tub combo. Extra linens can be found in the closet
- Bedroom 3 is downstairs and has a full size bed and shares a full bathroom with a shower/ tub combo with the main living area of the cabin. There are extra linens in this closet as well.
- The living room has a foldout couch with a comfortable mattress. Sheets, blankets and pillows can be found in the bedroom closets downstairs.
- Toilets- The house is on a septic system so nothing other than Toilet paper in the toilets!!
- Pool Table- Enjoy the pool table, but please treat the house like your own. DO NOT set food or drinks anywhere on the pool table and DO NOT sit or stand on the table.
Grocery Stores & Food
If you want groceries on the way in, depending on your route, there is a Kroger on the way out of Maryville, and there are Kroger and Publix stores iin Sevierville Proper, and a Kroger and Publix and between Pigeon Forge and the cabin. Once you are settled in the best option is the Kroger or Publx between the cabin and Pigeon Forge. They are both about 12 minutes away
Some stores have grocery delivery and Uber eats does deliver to the cabin
By Renting our property you agree to the rental agreement provided. This agreement is sent to you for signing via email upon booking our property.
Check out is 10 am- Keep in mind your door code is set to expire shortly after checkout time and the cleaning crew works in a tight window so we ask that you be mindful of the checkout time and communicate with us should there be any hindrance to making it out on time.
Please load and start the dishwasher- Note- please hand wash any knives from the knife set to keep them like new for future guests.
Don't worry about any of the beds, linens, towels, etc- we handle that!
Take all trash out to the cans on the porch, please make sure they are in the big black bags and the big lids over the bins are shut.
Take or throw away any and all food items that you brought and didn’t use
Clean up any trash outside by fire pit, porches, lawn, etc
Log out of any personal accounts you may have logged in to on the smart TVs or firesticks
Please set temp to 76 in summer/ 68 in winter
Turn off all lights and lock all doors
Message us directly about ANYTHING we should know that needs attention or would improve the experience at the cabin
Leave us a 5-star review! We thrive on good reviews to give us visibility for future guests. The major platforms view anything under 5 stars as bad and it can hurt us in the rankings. We would greatly appreciate a 5 star review and any private feedback can still be shared with us directly so we can continue to improve the home. As long as our cleaning crew doesn’t notice anything crazy we always leave our guests a 5 star review as well to help you in future bookings!
Save our place on your booking platform wish list and COME SEE US AGAIN! Check out Lazyhretreats.com to see our other listings/ markets and share with your friends and family
Lazy H Retreats